There are currently six subject-related working groups with the following objectives:
- Agricultural residues (Active) To evaluate, and if appropriate meet, the current and short-term demand for an SBP solution for non-woody and non-forest biomass.
- Carbon (Active) To identify and resolve risks to SBP in relation to maintaining forest carbon stocks.
- Data Transfer System (Active) To support and enhance the integrity of SBP claims, and improve efficiency of data transfer through facilitating simple and secure transmission of relevant, required data between actors in the biomass supply chain.
- Secondary feedstock (Dormant) To develop guidance and provide interpretations in relation to the use of secondary feedstock in the biomass supply chain and compliance with SBP standards.
- South East US (Dormant) To develop a guidance document on primary and secondary feedstocks, focusing on hcvs and conversions in the South East US, to identify evidence for low-risk or mitigation of specified risk.
- Woodchip (Dormant) To develop guidance and provide interpretations in relation to the woodchip supply chain and compliance with SBP standards.